How it works
Stadium Stomp Virtual is a 25,000 stair challenge where you climb four stadiums VIRTUALLY! You can complete the event on your own, on any set of stairs.
Please respect your local guidelines regarding social distancing and hygiene measures.
First, you’ve got to sign up. Registration alone is FREE! You can upgrade your Stomp by purchasing the Medal Pack or Merchandise Pack to receive real medals and merchandise delivered to your door! Details on our 2021 Packs will be avaialble soon!
Your FREE registration will get you:
- Interactive user dashboard for tracking and rewarding your stair climbing progress
- Access to the Stadium Stomp Virtual community via our Closed Facebook Group
- Access to Stadium Stomp’s Spotify playlist
- Workout tips, exclusive content and offers via the online resource centre
- The chance to win some great prizes from our event sponsors!
When you register, you can also choose to fundraise for our charity partner, OR you can choose to participate without fundraising. It’s up to you!
START CLIMBING AND LOG YOUR STAIR COUNT
From 1 September, start climbing stairs and logging each stair session via your dashboard. Watch your stair count grow as you log each climb.
- Log 5,000 stairs and you’ve climbed The Gabba!
- Climb another 6,000 stairs to reach 11,000 and you’ve also climbed Adelaide Oval.
- Add another 6,700 to bring your tally to 17,700 and you’ve completed the SCG.
- Climb a further 7,300 to conquer the MCG and bring your total climb to 25,000! AMAZING!
You’ll be rewarded along the way with achievement badges that light up your dashboard with each stadium completed. If you’ve upgraded to the Medal Pack, a shiny, real-life medal will be sent to you at the end of the series.
Your last day to climb stairs is Thursday 30 September, 2021.
*Please note, medals only available with an upgrade (not part of the free registration). 25,000 stairs is 12,500 stairs up and 12,500 down. As you would in our stadiums, you’ll be going up and down the stairs to achieve your goal.
No Stairs? Or can’t get there some days?
No dramas. We accept step ups, squats and lunges too.
One squat/lunge = one stair.
One Step Up (and back down) = two stairs
The Order Of Your Stair Climb
The stadiums will be climbed in a specific order, beginning with the smallest course and finishing with the largest. We’ll work through these stadiums week by week but you can start and finish your challenge anytime from 1-30 September. Heck, you can even surpass the 25,000 stairs and earn yourself bragging rights on our leaderboard!
Starting July 1 your stadium stair climb order looks like this:
- Brisbane – The GABBA – 5000 stairs
- Adelaide – Adelaide Oval – 6000 stairs
- Sydney – SCG – 6700 stairs
- Melbourne – MCG – 7300 stairs
Any stair climbs logged before September 1 will be reset at the start of the challenge.
Teams and individuals
You can do this solo or with a team. Your stair goal remains at 25,000 per person regardless, but in creating a team, the team captain will be able to view total stairs climbed and funds raised as a collective unit.